Farmer’s market season is upon us! To pay homage to the awesome food of farmer’s markets Mike made a kickass dish.
I consider salmon to be the unicorn of the deep blue because:
1. Magically, salmon does not stink and has a mild taste that is not overly fish.
2. You can pair a ton of different flavours with salmon due to the mild taste.
3. Caramelized maple salmon….its somewhat nutritious and delicious! Nuff said.
Follow me into the world of foodie heaven. It’s okay. We’ve got the unicorn of the deep blue here and it tastes delicious.
Here we go!
* Seared salmon from the Ocean Odyssey stand
* Medley of mushrooms from Mona Foods
*Rosemary & Garlic sausage from Irvings Farm Fresh
* Cherry tomatoes from Doef’s Greenhouse
* Homemade ricotta made by my multi-talented man Mike in his NAIT culinary class
* Fresh picked parsley from our home herb garden
This meal made happy food babies inside of us and we can’t wait for more produce to come in season so that we can experiment more!